Home Forum Ask A Member OMC Carburetor

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

Dale: The P/N for the small sleeve, #58, is 303939 and was used in many 10 horse and up motors over the years.

Has the year and horsepower of the carb been confirmed yet as different needles, #64 and gland nuts, #60 were used to.

I’ll dig around in my files when I get home later today to see what I can find.

labrador-guy
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Dale: The P/N for the small sleeve, #58, is 303939 and was used in many 10 horse and up motors over the years.

Has the year and horsepower of the carb been confirmed yet as different needles, #64 and gland nuts, #60 were used to.

I’ll dig around in my files when I get home later today to see what I can find.

No we have not determined the year for sure of the carb. Franks best guess was 1955 25hp that sounds right to me. The sediment bowl is on the side of the carb and it looked like my 51/52 parts list that I have. For sure it is not 51/52 ’cause I ordered some parts and they were wrong. Maybe they can be made to work but that needs to be determined. Like I said in the beginning I picked it up at a yard sale and I knew it was missing parts. I never realized that those treads for the needle were replaceable. I have had lots of those carbs apart. Live and learn I guess!

dale

Once an old poet told me, “what ye pound in,,,ye must pound out”!

Marc Beaudry
        Participant

so – my 1952 Rude 25hp – uses THAT carb – just like in the photo , i’m not saying my carb is original to my motor however but can confirm that parts are all fitting as intended…

Shamus
          Participant

Anyone know the ID and OD of the packing washers?

I’ve got to replace mine.

John

labrador-guy
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Anyone know the ID and OD of the packing washers?

I’ve got to replace mine.

John

John, the packing washers are 1/4″id 3/8″od. I make my own from different gasket paper and once in a while from leather pieces. I have been told that Ace hardware has them but I don’t know that for sure. Some people say they use O rings. I have not had any luck with those. You need a washer that will hold the needle in position, sometimes vibration will unscrew the needle and performance will go away quickly. They also need to seal up so they don’t leak fuel or air.

dale

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Shamus
              Participant

Thanks, Dale.  I’ve got a set of gasket punches and will try to make them.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.