Home Forum Ask A Member OMC Coils: Chinese at current price, or German (Prufrex) at $4 more?

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    1946zephyr
    Participant

You see guys? This is why I love having Frank here. He is a stand up guy and he will speak his mind. 🙂 his advice is awesome.

I bought from oldoutboardjim and his were actually better than the German coils at the time. Awesome deal too. About 50% of the local dealor.

I do have a new Chinese set on a 12hp Gale, but it doesnt run good enough to give me a final oppinion on them yet.

Omc coils are very pricey and like others said here: "who actually makes them?"

emartin
      Participant

The slope of the laminates on the last Sierra’s I bought were off. I have Mr. Robb’s tool to verify and they
        would not fit…no way no how
        I know Jim’s fit so I would gladly pay the extra $$

green-thumbs
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

There are still some countries where quality still matters. There are also countries where
          only cost and profit matter. Your purchasing determines which business plan prevails.
          Louis

wedgie
          Participant
            quote EMartin:

The slope of the laminates on the last Sierra’s I bought were off. I have Mr. Robb’s tool to verify and they
            would not fit…no way no how
            I know Jim’s fit so I would gladly pay the extra $$

I wonder if we could,( out of desperation,) press a Sierra coils on to an OMC laminate ?

rmhxruss
            Participant

Do any of you have any thoughts on OMC coil from CDI?

auldscott
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I would pay the extra for Prufrex coils from Jim. That said, I do not have any need at present for a set of coils; it’s just that they have never, as far as I know, caused problems for buyers. Including me.

jerry-ahrens
                Participant

US Member

I would like to use the German made coils if possible. However, I ran the heck out of my Big Twin at Tomahawk, all week long with the Chinese coils with no problems. I probably used at least 20 or more gallons of fuel. I was afraid of these myself, but not so much now.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.