Home Forum Ask A Member OMC points/tune up kits obselete??

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jerry-ahrens
    Participant

US Member

I struggle with finding good parts almost every day at my shop, even for some of the modern engines. The rule of thumb for me, is that if it’s not OEM, I will most likely have problems with the said part, or I may even have a come back…. with an unhappy customer. I’ve learned this lesson many times. I ordered in some U-joints the other day, and got the Sierra equivalents since they have always been made in Singapore, the same as the Mercury Marine part. (This is one of the few aftermarket parts I buy) When I looked on the box, they are now made in China! So they have went the cheap route… I’ll be sending them back and ordering the Quicksilver ones.(Lesson learned again)
      I have been turning to E bay quite a bit to find parts for the older engines I work on, especially OMC. Their usually much cheaper, and will be of much better quality than the current stuff. I look for parts in the OMC or the SysteMatched box.

49hiawatha
      Participant

Jerry a good heads up post. Thank you.

dan-in-tn
        Participant

US Member

OK, got my email back this morning from BRP rep. They are having trouble with their vendor that makes the points. The fill date was suppose to be end of April so hopefully parts will be back in stock soon.

As far as any particular dealer having any stock that’s hit or miss? If you find a dealer who had a lot of stock & hasn’t sold it all yet (or high priced) then they may still have some in stock.

Dan in TN

jerry-ahrens
          Participant

US Member

Good news, thanks Dan.

fisherman6
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you for checking into this Dan. I’m sure hoping they are back in stock soon.
              -Ben

OldJohnnyRude on YouTube

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.