Home Forum Ask A Member OMC tach 122923

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    amuller
    Participant

Picked this up at Tomahawk. Can’t remember if I paid $1 or $2 for it.

In any case there are four leads: blue, black, gray, and purple, and a pulse/rev dial with settings of H, 2,3, 4, and 6.

Can anyone point me to a data sheet for this, or tell me which wire goes where?

And will this tach work with an early 70s CI ignition? I vaguely recall that there was a special tach for those. I also think there is a gray wire from magic box, not otherwise used, that might be for the tach.

Thanks for any help.

frankr
      Participant

US Member

Well the wires are simple enough. Blue to running lights (dial illumination) Black ground, gray pulse signal, purple switched 12V. I think it might be an universal tach, but that’s guessing.

billw
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Early seventies should have a rectifier in the charging system, if I remember right. You would hook up the wires as Frank said, hooking the gray wire to one of the yellow wires at the rectifier, preferably the one with a gray tracer. I am going on memory but I believe you’d put the switch on 6. Then the tach should work, providing that the charging system is working to start with.

Long live American manufacturing!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.