Home Forum Ask A Member Opinions needed

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    1946zephyr
    Participant

Yea thats a beauty. Though I have to admit, I actually do like finding "surprises" under the flywheel when I get a good deal. A $60 pair of coils actually sweetens up the deal, especially, when I just got the motor for $40. 😀

49hiawatha
      Participant

Great find.

It depends on who will buy it. I never had a "trailer queen" car (30 years +) nor my motors. I want running , breathing motors, and if from "reputable" sellers (figure it out) why not ? The scratches and ouch , dents, come too easily and we can not save them all. The parts are pretty much the same for everybody, the difference is the skill and knowledge required to make them "go" that varies. Who pays for that? The knowledge offered freely @ AOMCI has truly impressed me. IMHO

wiscoboater
        Participant
          quote Pappy:

I LOVE to find an engine that I am interested in that still has the original coils in it! What this means to me is that Bubba and Billy Bob have not had the chance to run it on 50:1 mix because Gomer, down the street, said it was okay to do it.

Or the everpopular "my Buddy sells Amsoil. He said if I used his oil I could go 100:1". Then when it melts down his "buddy" tells him YOU sold him a bad motor.

opposedtwin
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years
            quote Jeff Register:

I would keep it

I’m with jeff! you should definitely keep it! i’ll see you at tomahawk!

20mercman
            Participant

US Member
              quote 1946Zephyr:

Yea thats a beauty. Though I have to admit, I actually do like finding “surprises” under the flywheel when I get a good deal. A $60 pair of coils actually sweetens up the deal, especially, when I just got the motor for $40. 😀

My son Kevin found and we picked up a "Free" 1953 Fastwin on Craigslist last year. It came in 4 boxes, and most had been left outside behind the shed for a year or two. What a mess. It did come with 4 new coils!!! Al Lockhart was generous enough to send Kevin a replacement powerhead as this one was toast. several parts needed welding, and some stray parts needed to be rounded up, but it was a great project for him. He has yet to paint it, but everything is now complete, and I still had 2 extra new coils for our Fleetwin

1946zephyr
              Participant

Awesom deal. I like those ’53 Fastwins. I now have a ’51. Looks like a beat up rat motor, but in beautiful mechanical condition. Absolutely no corrosion inFuel pump diaphragm the lower unit, so I was impressed. Even found newer coils on that motor too 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.