Home Forum Ask A Member Pulsating 15hp detuned down to a 9.9 question

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    johnyrude200
    Participant

So this motor we were talking about has come back to haunt me. Customer is telling me some days it runs totally fine, other days it won’t go above low-mid range. I am thinking that this is the culprit. Now I have heard of these types of issues before, and the customer is bringing the motor back so I can hopefully correct the issue. If it isn’t a missing low speed needle bearing being absent, then I’m going to look at the armature plate.

Now I have tons of parts motors; when I read your post a couple of weeks back, I was thinking, it would be easier just to swap out parts?

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years
        quote johnyrude200:

So this motor we were talking about has come back to haunt me. Customer is telling me some days it runs totally fine, other days it won’t go above low-mid range. I am thinking that this is the culprit. Now I have heard of these types of issues before, and the customer is bringing the motor back so I can hopefully correct the issue. If it isn’t a missing low speed needle bearing being absent, then I’m going to look at the armature plate.

Now I have tons of parts motors; when I read your post a couple of weeks back, I was thinking, it would be easier just to swap out parts?

Well, I think a wobbly mag plate would cause more of an issue at low speeds. The customer’s complaint could mean anything, or be caused by most anything. I would run the engine with the customer to experience the problem first hand before ripping into that ignition again.

johnyrude200
        Participant

I’ll have to do it on the test boat or with the test prop. I have the motor back now and will get to it later in the week, or give a refund, whichever level of frustration wins out first 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.