Home Forum Ask A Member QD-12 Service Bulletin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    steveh
    Participant

US Member

Before the website crashed, someone posted a service bulletin for multiple motors for which the QD-12 was included. It dealt with having to turn the high-speed needle down all the way to get the motor to run, and the solution was an o-ring in the carburetor if I recall.

Does anyone have a copy of that service bulletin or know what I am talking about?

Thanks,

Steve.

mercuryman
      Participant

There is a small round gasket #344037 or #63 on parts list. This gasket fits around jet in center of Carb. It must fit tight when you install the bowl to top of carb. If its not tight the motor will run rich.

steveh
        Participant

US Member

Mercuryman, thanks for the reply. However, my parts list doesn’t show either of those part numbers.

mercuryman
          Participant

That part # is for a 1960 10 hp same part. I make the gasket out of cork material or you can use a O ring. Take the carb apart and you will see what I am talking about.

chris-p
            Participant

I use o rings now. I can get the size for you tomorrow.

steveh
              Participant

US Member

I could use a little more help. My parts diagram for the QD-12 doesn’t show those part numbers. I took the bowl off the carburetor and I don’t see any O-rings or gaskets, other than the one going around the bowl. Maybe that’s the issue if there is supposed to be something in there…

Do any of you have a photo you could share or a part number that might show up on my parts diagram so I know where this thing is supposed to be?

Thanks

Steve.

mercuryman
                Participant

I may be giving you bad info I have a QD15 and if I remember right the QD 12 carb is different and I don’t have parts info for QD 12. Maybe
                  someone else can help, sorry!

Mumbles
                  Participant

Here’s the QD 12 carb diagram

and some of the part numbers.

steveh
                    Participant

US Member

Mumbles, thank you. I already have that. I’m just not sure what o-ring we’re talking about. I do remember from the original service bulletin that it was an issue and the replacement of the o-ring was the solution. Wish I’d saved that service bulletin when it was posted 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.