Home Forum Ask A Member Qd10 flywheel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    b-morrison
    Participant

Canada Member

is there another flywheel replacement for this motor

frankr
      Participant

US Member

According to the Johnson quick reference guide, 580114 is the correct flywheel, and is only used on QD-10 and QD-11. I suppose that is because it has those unobtanium 580040 coils and push-rod points.

labrador-guy
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

B & frankr is the 14hp flywheel the same? I have a complete ignition and flywheel for an early 14hp Evinrude. It has coils that work and they are the rare ones. PM me if you are interested.

dale

frankr
          Participant

US Member

Good question on the 14hp. I don’t have that parts book. However, A bit more digging finds that the 12hp Gale 2WB with those coils used a 580088 flywheel, superseded by 580130. 580114 (QD) shows as used only by Johnson, while 580130 was used by Gale and Evinrude, and not Johnson. Confused yet?

labrador-guy
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I was born cofussssed! I know the 12hp gale and the early 14 evinrude used the same power head. Same push rod points vary similar leg and lower unit on the Johnson and Evinrude. My flywheel has a casting number 590571. Casting numbers don’t always jive! Will it work on your Johnson? Might work maybe not?

dale

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.