Home Forum Ask A Member QD19 Overheat Question – Update

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    beerman57
    Participant

SUCCESS!!! To refresh your memory, I drilled a small hole in the water inlet at the top of the midsection to spray water on the starboard side of the mid and shift linkage. I also shot some grease to the shift handle and that may have helped by preventing exhaust from leaking by the slightly wore out bushing. The shift handle stayed pretty cool, the upper mid was pretty hot but didn’t boil the water when I came down from being on plane. Got 22mph with my 3 blade aluminum (10” pitch) prop on the 13′ Feathercraft, not bad for 10 horses.

fleetwin
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Where did you get a 10" pitch prop for that small gearcase 10hp?
        I’m glad the cooling bugs are under control now, thanks for letting us know

retiredoz
        Participant

US Member

Michigan produced AMC263 8 1/2 X10. Listed in the the ’63 cat, gone from the ’68..

beerman57
          Participant

I sent a prop to be rehubbed and told them to add as much pitch as possible. Gained 2mph over a stock power prop, the 10” pitch prop has more round blades than the power prop.

fleetwin
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Will surely have to look for one of those props! The standard 8" pitch prop is a joke, OMC did make a 9" pitch which I got and tried, but am thinking the 10" pitch would be perfect for my little 12′ Sears.

beerman57
              Participant

Here it is, see if it helps. Page 3 gets to where I drilled a hole.

shoestringmariner
                Participant

AWESOME, thanks Beerman!

retiredoz
                  Participant

US Member

Michigan also also offered AJC175, 8X10, 2-blade brass for 9.5, 10-hp ’58 up.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.