Home Forum Ask A Member RDE-18 powerhead to exhaust plate/gaskets

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    olcah
    Participant

US Member

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

olcah
      Participant

US Member

Bill,
        I for sure agree with your last post. Important thing is to recognize what parts go with what setup/mod and IF using a blank plate, one probably should do the drilling. If I had a nice original motor I probably would toss the large baffle and use the tube plate and not do any drilling exactly as you did.

My Idaho RD-18 was partly modified and came with the blank plate so I used the blank plate and drilled 3 of the 4 holes. Too hard to angle to get a 4th hole. I did file out the 3 holes to enlarge them a bit. After all the motor apparently ran with blank plate and not the 4 holes.

One small thing. If you look at my first two slides in the thread, you will see that the 1/8 water outlet hole lines up with the first chamber on the left. That chamber is the poop hole outlet. So if the 1/8 hole is in that position any mod will run water out of the poop hole. Notice the first mod, which I don’t like, moves the water outlet to be in the same place as the RD18.

Other knowledgeable experienced people may draw different conclusions but I think we all have gotten to the facts.
        Regards,
        Charlie

outboardnut
        Participant

US Member

Does anyone know the dates of the two kits?
          376786 (small plate kit)
          277598 (baffle)

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 63 (of 63 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.