Home Forum Ask A Member RDE/RJE-19 Generator Kit Mounting Bracket

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nj-boatbuilder57
    Participant

This was discussed last fall when I began rebuilding this Gale / Javelin frankenstein, but it never really went anywhere:

The Johnson generator kit for the RDE-19 was #377210, and it included a replacement port-side mounting bracket that had both a generator mount and a front "tip" to engage in the cowl mount rubber bushings.

Does anyone know a part number for that bracket / casting? I’d like to find one, but need to know the part number in order to search.

Anyone?

wbeaton
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I assume you are putting a Johnson cowl on the motor. OMC made at least three different generator brackets for the 1955-58 Johnson/Evinrudes. There are two different brackets that will work on an RD. I can see if they have the part numbers cast into them tomorrow.

Wayne
        Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

nj-boatbuilder57
        Participant

Yes…the Javelin cowl. (The Gale cowl is on a shelf…available to anyone who needs one)

oldlure
          Participant

US Member

From a 1958 accessories catalog, however I don’t see the tip for the cowl bushing in the picture
            bracket 377006 for RDE-19C
            bracket 305679 for RDS-20
            kit 377450 for RDE-19C
            kit 277900 for RDS-20

wbeaton
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Sorry, NJ-boatbuilder, I forgot about you. I checked my generator brackets. None of them have part numbers. They don’t come up for sale very often. Here is a photo of the three available styles.

From left – right; Johnson, Johnson/Evinrude, Evinrude

Attachments:

Wayne
              Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

nj-boatbuilder57
              Participant

An OMC casting without a part number in the casting? I thought they put numbers on damn near everything….

The black one on the right….I have two of those. It’s the one with the cowl point that I need. You’re right: very rare & hard to find.

Thanks for checking!

olcah
                Participant

US Member

Is there enough meat on the black bracket to fab up and add the point for the cowl?

nj-boatbuilder57
                  Participant

Meat? Yes. However, the "face" of the black frame isn’t in the same place as the white frames with the points. If I were to mount a "point" on the black frame, it would be too far to the side….such that it would not align with the bushing in the cowl.

Trust me….I gave that idea a long, hard look.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.