Home Forum Ask A Member Recommendation for Saving Joints, long-term

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Buccaneer
    Participant

US Member

Crosby Man, Rubber hammers are a bad idea….. they’ll bounce
      back and hit you in the head!
      I was using a big ball peen hammer a couple of weeks ago
      pounding dents out the edge of my test barrel, before I painted
      it. Hammer in one hand, dolly in the other. The skin on my
      thumb has mostly grown back now, but it still aches when ever
      I pick up a hammer with the other hand.

Prepare to be boarded!

wiscoboater
      Participant

Just my opinion because my health insurance sucks. Captain Morgan in large doses. Do not operate machinery while medicated. I’m not trying to be a smartass. I’m just pointing out reality under our current administration.

wedgie
        Participant

One injury can lead to another.

I had a severe case of tennis elbow from repetitive use . After 30 years of scrapping and hammering, the tendons got so inflamed I couldn’t bend my elbow without excruciating pain, but my employer brow beat the heck out of me so I returned to work before I should have. I was using elbow locked and working the shoulder instead. The result ? 10 months off work with a torn supraspinatus in my right shoulder. Incredibly frustrating and very painfull. Pulling over a 1954 Fleetwin is a challenge now, and I use my left mostly now. The tendon never heals, but the other ones take over for it.

The only good thing is the shoulder injury forced me to rest my arm enough that the elbow calmed down. I have had to adapt some new techniques on the job such as telling my supervisors to "get someone else to do that overhead hammering for 8 hours straight" 👿
          I shouldn’t complain cause I am still able to work and have very good, steady job. A fellow member I know had severe nerve damage and lost much of the mobility in his left hand forcing early retirement. Fortunately he is a very talented mechanic and has adapted too and does amazing work with the "claw."

I guess my best advice is if you do hurt yourself, give it a chance to heal, or you can make things a lot worse 😥

wedgie
          Participant

That Aleve works great for the inflamation pain, but is murder on the stomach.

mr-asa
            Participant
              quote Wedgie:

That Aleve works great for the inflamation pain, but is murder on the stomach.

Aleve doesn’t mess with my stomach. However Ibuprofen kills me.
              Idiot military doctors prescribe it for literally everything. Had me on 800mg a day for half a year. One day I woke up and couldn’t stand up my stomach hurt so much. Went to the ER and it was acute heartburn. Stuff had cranked up my stomach acid production and it ate away my lining.

ddoyle
              Participant

stomachs least of anyone’s worry.

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/ … hy_508.pdf

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.