Home Forum Ask A Member Remote Control for Champion Sweet 16

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike-Sea
    Participant

US Member

I was wondering if any member has adapted a different control unit, to work on a Champion Sweet 16 motor. There must be some other control unit that will work on this motor. I have one unit so I can fabricate the motor attachment points.
      Thanks Mike

C510B05C-B1FF-4847-933E-94A6B02527C8

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Mike-Sea.
      • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Mike-Sea.
      davidk
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Will you show us the unit you do have and how it attaches?

frankr
        Participant

US Member

The old Morse Control single lever controls with 33C cables were pretty universal, EXCEPT for motor attachments. But you say you can deal with that.

davidk
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Wow, I’ve never seen those controls before.

frankr
            Participant

US Member

Those cables sure resemble the Morse 33C cables with their threaded ends and grooves for attaching, probably an aftermarket copy.. But that control box with the extended bar sure looks goofy.

frankr
              Participant

US Member

Of course, Morse no longer exists, now made by Sea Star

img103

Mike-Sea
                Participant

US Member

I think the goofy looking extension on the control box is to keep the cables from binding. The cables in this box attach half way up the control lever. Thanks for your info on the Morse Cables. What is the difference between a 33c cable and a 43c cable?
                  Thanks again Mike

frankr
                  Participant

US Member

I think the goofy looking extension on the control box is to keep the cables from binding. The cables in this box attach half way up the control lever. Thanks for your info on the Morse Cables. What is the difference between a 33c cable and a 43c cable?
                    Thanks again Mike

That is almost an embarrassing question, since I’m a Morse retiree. But fortunately, I have a Morse catalog. To quote: “The 40 series Redline cables are heavy duty cables recommended where heavy use or higher operating loads are encountered. 43C cables are used with inboards and jets.”

So I never really got involved with that portion of the business when I worked in an outboard-only shop in a previous life. Furthermore my job with Morse was in their Hydraulic Controls plant.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.