RX-10 linkage Carb to Advance.

Home Forum Ask A Member RX-10 linkage Carb to Advance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Floater

Replies: 5
    Topics: 2

Hello.  I’ve rebuilt my 1962 Evinrude 28 Hp.   I just can’t get it running good.  The linkage between the timing advance and the carburetor is in question.   I can not find any information on that bit.   Please help.

Thanks

frankr

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 6715
    Topics: 51

Note the barrel with a setscrew.  Now, note that when the spark advance is at full advance, it bangs up against a projection on top of the cylinder block.  Now that you know those two things, advancing the throttle control will first take it to full advance (against the projection), THEN, and only then, should contact be made with the barrel/setscrew.  If not, loosen setscrew and slide barrel on rod to adjust.  NOW, further advancing the throttle control will kick the carburetor to WOT.

Floater

Replies: 5
    Topics: 2

Here’s a YouTube of it running.  I’m guessing the top cylinder coil/condensor is bad.

https://youtube.com/shorts/I2ZVlfDstOU?feature=share

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Floater.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Floater.

fleetwin

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 4737
    Topics: 46

OK, well the audio on these videos can be deceiving for sure. Is it dropping a cylinder? I can’t really tell from the video. Try putting it under load in gear and running it. I don’t want to send you on a “wild goose chase” if in fact it is not dropping a cylinder. You can’t determine much by revving it in neutral.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.