Home Forum Ask A Member saving the trailer lights from salt

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dave-bernard
    Participant

US Member

You can also hang them on the boat and take them off when you launch.

need2fish
      Participant

For my pontoon boat, I’ve removed the lights from the trailer and clipped them on to the boat itself, as Dave has done. They’re permanently mounted there, but as I get my ski boat going this year, I’m going to move it’s trailer lights to the boat and fasten them with velcro.

This has also saved me from bashing the lights on wonky ramp.

A happy side-effect is that I’ll be able to transfer the lights to other my other trailerables.

joesnuffy
        Participant

I discovered for myself the magnetic trailer lights like 20 years ago. We were always moving in the military and I went to rent a truck at U-haul I looked on the wall and saw a set of trailer lights with magnetic holders. I was going to be pulling a trailer behind the truck and didn’t have time to mess with the lights. I purchased a set and man did they come in handy. I keep a set in my truck even now in an tupperware container. They now come in led type. On my fishing boats I normally put a wall light switch plate on them and I can stick them to that. Or if I am pulling a trailer and the lights don’t work I simply use them on that. Here is what they look like.

hope that helps,
          Joe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Magnetic-1 … sx&vxp=mtr

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.