Home Forum Ask A Member Sea King 1951 5hp screwed up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jimk
    Participant

Not the motor as much as me! I got it running and did the waterpump but it wouldn’t go to neutral. I took the lower unit back off and looked to see if I could figure out what was wrong and thought I had it. The little lever at the end of the cable looked as if it was bent so I tried to straighten it and broke it. Does anyone know where I can find a replacememt? It is part number 29, 302-338 Lever-clutch on the lower unit gear case parts list. After I broke it I looked at the part on the parts list and it was made that way. I should have looked before as it shows the bend in it. Thanks, Jim

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

They are $16.00 at Marineengines.com, If some one doesn’t have a good used one . . .

frankr
        Participant

US Member

I have one that I was going to offer to you for the postage. But I just went out to lay hands on it and found that it is broken too. Looks like you aren’t the first guy that tried to straighten one.

jimk
          Participant

That makes me feel a bit better. Sometimes it just doesn’t pay to try and do something without knowing what you are doing LOL. Hope to come up with a good used one but I will order a new if I end up having to. Surprised that Marine engines has one! I had to go look at it on there and yup, that shows the bend that I “tried” to fix.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.