Home Forum Ask A Member Service manual 1956 Johnson RD-18 30HP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keith Gill
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I am trying to problem solve a 1956 Johnson RD-18 motor that I cannot get spark from. Wondering if previous owner who replaced ignition parts wired something wrong etc. It has the newer green coils, points, condensers. Can anyone help me find a service manual that covers this motor? I have the parts manual already, I need a service manual.

Thank you in advance!

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

your RD and other oldies is extensively detailled in the Johnson red service book available to members  under

• MEMBERS ONLY TAB
        • INNER SANCTUM
        • LIBRARY SECTION
        • FINDS GARRY SPENCERS DROP  BOX
        • FIND THE RED BOOK down his long list of pictures and PDF files
        • DOWNLOAD THE FILE and print locally in a binder.

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Mark Slivinski
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Garry –

I am trying to restore a 25HP Evinrude of this vintage, model number 25012 serial number 38599, see attached photo.  When I searched for a service manual, Google referred me to this site, your post and the pdf attachment.  So I joined and just now attempted to download the pdf.  Drop Box blocked access with an error message saying:

We blocked this link to be safe
          We noticed something suspicious – like a lot of downloads in a day. Ask the owner to create a new link. Learn more

The web address of this error message is: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ufxp2fhcursi3k/AADpqm9QyJavBfaVt1QQ1YdGa   If you go to this address and click on “Learn More” you will see what can cause this error and how to fix it.

Can you please create a new link as the message instructs or send the pdf to me at mslivinski@carbidederivative.com?

THANK YOU –

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

the drop box data  (pics and valuable  misc.files)   is owned by Mr.Garry Spencer and I am afraid no one has access to it other  than him .   I myself was asked to start paying up because no free downlaod service is available anymore.    Maybe it is owned by that rich guy asking money from everybody.

IF and when Mr.Spencer  clears the issue  with DROPBOX  we should have  members only access to it.    In the mean time if you have specific  areas of concern  just post  a question on it .

several utubes can help out to 🙂  aside from comestics   and if no major mechanical issues  are a problem .. the rest is just  fine tuning carbs, ignition, gearcase refills etc…  but before spending $$$  check compression.

I am certain other members have it on file ( 26 mb)  and have  better file sharing abilities than myself…. if they so desire.

I just downloaded a 500 page  1970’s   Mercury book  for $5.95U$ from these folks and had it printed locally

call them up to see if they can help out on E&J books

https://www.servicemanualvault.com/

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.