Home Forum Ask A Member Service manual for nJohnson 40 hp 1965

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MossLandingPaul
    Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

Hi all,
      I’ve picked up a 1965 Johnson Super Sea Horse 40 hp electric start that I’m going to go through and hopefully get running.
      It turns over, just think it needs the usual items. does leak lower end oil (don’t they all!) so probably some seals need replacing.
      Does anyone have a pdf of the service manual for this motor? Thought I’d ask the group before pursuing one on Ebay
      Thanks
      Paul

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

go & retype the URL above this picture….can’t post directly otherwise it goes POOF !!!

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
        MossLandingPaul
        Participant

Thanks Crosbyman! really appreciate it. Hope to get up to canada this coming year once the border opens. we have an older powerboat in
          anacortes washington and friends way up the Inside Passage in Bella Bella.

outboardnut
          Participant

to bad it can not

be saved in PDF

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

what you need info wise…. (the rest us useless for now) can be saved into PDF files by simply printing a selection of pages and selecting Microsoft PRINT TO PDF file storage on your PC instead of the paper printer …

I usually do both … one set for safe keeping in my books and one set to my 8 year old memory on my PC

the site will allow a certain set of pages at a time… no more so do a series of prints to PDF .just click on the printer at the bottom and select pages that turn blueish …then click the small tick mark righthand lower corner then chose MICROSOFT PRINT TO PDF …voilà ! 🙂

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

retiredoz
              Participant

I have the super-duper official factory manual (hard copy) for ’65. If you get near Renton, give me a holler

1 user thanked author for this post.
                MossLandingPaul
                Participant

Thanks retiredoz. I have a boat up in Anacortes (I live in No. Calif./Bay area) and I’ll reach out to you on my way up in spring.
                  the 40hp came with a neat project boat I picked up this summer. it’s a 1958 Thompson Bros. “Sea Lancer” runabout, 16′-7″
                  wood lapstrake runabout. Just leads a lot of elbow grease, sanding/varnish and paint and she’ll be back on the water.
                  The factory specs say you can put up to an 85hp motor on it! It only weighs 820 lbs so I’m a little sceptical about that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.