Home Forum Ask A Member silly but need to know

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Billw… sorry for the confusion you are 100 % correct .. nothing to do with “shifting” and I was 50% correct in identifying the part as part #1 🙂

it is the throttle shaft inside the tiller handle and yes some other models seems to have a shorter bolt length …. the funny thing is I am using the part I took out 🙁 and it should go back in

If I poke stick inside the bolt hole it will go far enough to accommodate a bolt that long

I am done … I’ll check my local specialty hardware store for 12/28 bolt a bit shorter and it will forever remain a mystery

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

hard to find 12-28 ‘s … 🙁

ok If I do not install the spring and plate as a test ……. I can mount the handle and the bolt will screw in all the way into the throttle shaft !!! no problem no cross-threads

with spring and rear back plate installed no go…. bolt sticks out 1/4 inch yet those parts #2 #3 do not extend into the bolt screw area of the shaft and nothing should block the bolt from screwing all the way in..???

I got this ugly feeling I am doing something…screwy

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

well problem is solved….. maybe the 28tpi thread was to finicky i’ll never know

throttle shaft has been tapped 1/4 inch 20 tpi and a nice stainless oval head bolt screwed right in flush in the handle. A touch of latex glue under the bolt head will secure it from vibrations
          in case the threads are a bit thin . (I did not want to go 5/16 )

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.