Home Forum Ask A Member starter bracket and starter for 1957 Seaking 25hp electric start

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cajuncook1
    Participant

Hey guys, I recently got a 1957 Seaking 25hp electric start. The starter bracket and starter was missing.

Will the starter bracket and starter from a Evinrude 35hp fit my needs? The motor I am looking at is a Evinrude 25532.

Oh, another question is the lower unit. Will the lower unit of the 1957 Seaking 25hp and the lower unit of the 1957 Evinrude 35hp (25532) swap if I should need?

That Seaking is heavy. I’m glad I ate my "Wheaties" because it took a little ummph to put it on the stand by myself.

Thanks for any assistance.

David T.

chris-p
      Participant

Sorry David I do not believe they are a direct bolt up. Some similar parts in there, but drive shafts, shift rods, etc… differ.

Perhaps with modifications? Im not certain.

frankr
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

The 25 was 6V, so a 12V starter wont work in the bracket. However, the 1957 (12V) Evinrude 35 starter and bracket will bolt up. The ’57 35hp lower unit will bolt up also, as long as you replace the complete assembly. They are different inside (35 has improved pinion and bearings).

cajuncook1
          Participant
            quote FrankR:

The 25 was 6V, so a 12V starter wont work in the bracket. However, the 1957 (12V) Evinrude 35 starter and bracket will bolt up. The ’57 35hp lower unit will bolt up also, as long as you replace the complete assembly. They are different inside (35 has improved pinion and bearings).

Thank you very much Frank for your guidance!!

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.