Home Forum Ask A Member Strack's

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    A Hoskins
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I recently unearthed a mid-50’s vintage Wizard power head, probably a Super 10, with a fuel pump. I’ve had it a long time. A tag on it indicates that it was worked on at Stracks Boat Service in Spring Texas. Someone did some seriously nice work on this engine. It is 1st oversize and the intake tract has been nicely massaged. I haven’t looked at the ports or the reed block yet. It is a strong runner.
      Does “Srack’s” ring a bell with anyone here ? Any possible AOMC connection to anyone that might have worked there ? Again, whoever worked on the engine knew what the hell they were doing.
      Thanks.
      Gene

"Fox News" isn't.

bobw
      Participant

US Member

Yes, Strack’s is an old marine service shop that has been located in Spring, TX (suburb of Houston) since the 1970s. They had a good reputation during the many years I lived and worked in Houston. Unfortunately, timing is everything. I recently heard that Strack’s was in the process of closing up shop for good and I just verified that on their website. However, the original owner’s son has started up his own shop so you might try giving them a call and see what you can find out.

If you go to the Strack’s website, they have a link to the new place.

http://www.stracksmarine.com/

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
        1954 Johnson CD-11
        1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
        1958 Johnson QD-19
        1958 Johnson FD-12
        1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
        "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.