120hp merc sportjet Straight TCW3 oil coming into to carbs after storage

Home Forum Ask A Member 120hp merc sportjet Straight TCW3 oil coming into to carbs after storage

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Beno

Replies: 121
    Topics: 46

Ok Now I have spark on all 4 cyls on the 120hp mercury force sportjet,

I went to start it up and got flooded with oil oozing out forward of both carbs.. I figgured… huh.. gas must have evaporated and oil took it’s place?

We got it kicking over a few rpms by spraying gas into the carbs,, but then it stalled when MORE OIL started coming out of the carbs forward.

Finally I removed the fuel line and pumped the bulb… we got about a total of 5 or 7 ounces MORE oil before I started to get Fuel.
    we pumped it about 10 of liquid oz thru, then hooked the line back up and got it running now.

I have put this boat in storage for 2 years before and it’s NEVER done that before.

so the question is.. is that the sign of a bad injector? is the oil Injector shot? Should I just disable it mix from now on??

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Beno.

billw

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2071
    Topics: 66

I’m sitting on my butt having coffee and can’t look into this until this afternoon; but there are some brass fittings in the oil delivery system and at least one of them is a check valve, as I recall. If the check valve is bad, oil can drain down from the engine-mounted oil reservoir This is all vague recollection. I will check into it more later. Sport Jets are very cool.

Long live American manufacturing!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.