Home Forum Ask A Member Substitute for 303122 filter bowl gasket?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cron78
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Is there a good substitute fro the glass bowl gasket that doesn’t come in the carb kit? It’s silly that one isn’t included in the BRP carb kit! Wanting to get a ’58 10 horse back up and running for this weekend and I doubt I can get one in the mail by then.

Thanks for any expert suggestions.

labrador-guy
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I use an “O” ring! If you can take the filter to you local hardware they should be able to fix you up!

dale

cron78
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Roger that. Thanks.

Dale

cron78
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Went to the local hardware store today (the one that the hurricane didn’t close) and found a #212 o-ring will fit the bill. 7/8″ ID and 1 1/8″ OD. Found out before that BRP quit making the actual 303122 gasket in 2015 and you have to get them from the dealers that BRP sourced the remainder gaskets to. I have that list of sources from my local ma & pa OMC repair shop if anyone needs it, but $0.56 beats about $13 shipped any day unless you have to have a correct gasket for resto.

Dale

Geer Pyron
            Participant

Dale, Your reference to the hurricane clued me in that you must be the Dale I met at Yellow Jacket in April.
              True?
              Good if so.
              Did y’all get to see the varigated whistling duck after all?
              Ha!
              I replied to your other post about a carb needle.
              May as well tell you how I rigged the bowl gasket too.
              I just cut one out of a rubber washer. Like a big rubber fender washer from the Lowes.Traced the bowl onto it then just cut it out. I.ve had problems with o-rings distorting when they arent being squeezed from all sides.
              Anyhoo, isnt there a meet comming up in your neck of Florida soon?
              Geer

JMGP

cron78
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Hey, Geer. Yes, that’s me. The o-rings I found fit nice and tight and pretty much fill the area so that they will only distort for a better fit and the glass bowl still fits well… And only 56 cents each. I looked at other gaskets that I could cut to fit, but that takes more talent than slipping in an o-ring.

And, yes, we have a meet at Lake Talquin near Quincy, FL this weekend. That’s why I’m trying to get this motor back together.

Dale

rmhxruss
                Participant

Sierra 18-7123 is available. For 303122.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.