Home Forum Ask A Member Super Seahorse float level

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wetwillie
    Participant

I’m in the process of rebuilding the carb on my ’59 Super Seahorse 35 motor using an OMC kit. I’d like to know the proper float level position.
      Am I correct that it is correct when the float is parallel with the gasket surface?
      Thanks!

dougs-outboards
      Participant

Yessir!

wetwillie
        Participant

Exxxxxcellent!
          Thank you.

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

http://boatinfo.no/lib/johnson/manuals/ … on.html#/0

all you need to know is in here ….

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

wetwillie
            Participant

Thanks for posting that link.
              I’ve been referring to a factory manual but for a different yr than my motor.
              One question I have not been able to find an answer to from either manual is what the correct position is for the high speed needle adjustment lever after reassembly. I had to remove the linkage from the needle to the lever when I removed the needle and packing washers.
              Once cleaned and replaced, I screwed the needle in until it bottomed and then backed it out 3/4 of a turn. At this point, I can reassemble the linkage so the manual adjustment lever is in any position I choose. So, my question is: with the needle 3/4 of a turn out from fully seated, what position should the manual lever be in, the middle, pointing to rich or pointing to lean?
              Thanks again 🙂

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

i don’t think it matters much once adjusted just recenter it

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

wetwillie
                Participant

and that’s exactly what I thought. I reassembled everything this morning and remounted the carb before taking a lunch break.
                  Looking forward to hearing this motor run. According to the PO, it hasn’t been started since ’94.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.