Home Forum Ask A Member Td20

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    seagull764
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Can anyone recommend a service manual for pre 56 motors.all my books only go back that far
      Thanks

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

Are you looking specifically for Johnson TD-20 or something more inclusive with all brands?
        I have digital copies of the Johnson 3rd and 10th edition. Neither are dated. They
        have specifications going way back, but most of the service procedures appear
        to be for motors in the 50’s, and early 60’s.

This website has some good data on the TD type carbs, etc.
        http://pochefamily.org/outboard/

Assuming there were actually a Johnson 4th thru 9th edition as well, did each
        include all the data from the previous edition, and hence, each edition got thicker?
        What year did Edition 1 come out? Inquiring minds want to know!

Prepare to be boarded!

seagull764
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I was hoping for a clymers type book for pre 1956 motors but I’ve yet to see any

Buccaneer
          Participant

US Member

Not sure if one exist. I see my ABOS Outboard Service Manual, 6th edition,
            only goes back to 1960.

quote Seagull764:

I was hoping for a clymers type book for pre 1956 motors but I’ve yet to see any

Prepare to be boarded!

frankr
            Participant

US Member

My ABOS Fourth Edition goes back to 1955, so it looks like you need a Third Edition or earlier.

stanley
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have a Reprint Johnson 4th edition that covers everything from opposed twins,K,H,L,TD,models and early and mid 50’s models.I bought it maybe 6yrs ago,but don’t remember where.The part number is 302231.Maybe Americanoutboard.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.