Home Forum Ask A Member The passing of my dad Richard Messineo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nansea13
    Participant

I wanted to let those who remember my dad Richard Messineo that my father passed away very recently after being very ill for the past year. He was a member of the AOMCI for years and a contributor on this forum.

He shared his love of boats with me, and as his daughter, he always encouraged me to do anything I set my mind to. Especially those things that were considered “activities for boys”. He was a very talented and a kind and loving father.

The boats he restored are more than beautiful and I will treasure those that I will be keeping for my lifetime. I also hope that his contributions here have helped some of you with your motors and boats. If someone can send me a link to one of his posts as I don’t know his username on this website. I would like to be able to read his posts here.

We will will be selling his 1959 14′ Sea Fury that he restored and hardly used. It has a 1961 75 hp Evinrude Starflight V4 short shaft outboard that was rebuilt with very few hours on it (I have attached a photo). He did a lot of fiberglass work on the hull to strengthen it. I have more details about the boat and additional photos.

I will be listing the boat in the classifieds here soon. If you have questions or comments please contact me through the club.

I miss you Dad.

Dad-with-Outboard

Dad-with-Flashback

Sea-Fury

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Mumbles.
      sydinnj
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

My condolences for the loss of your Dad Our youngest daughter has restored her own boat. Keep and enjoy them and remember all the great times.

aquasonic
        Participant

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)

I am sorry for your loss. Your dad is a very talented individual, but more importantly, a great dad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.