The PO-15 has arrived

Home Forum Ask A Member The PO-15 has arrived

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)

• outbdnut2

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 1705
    Topics: 91

Congratulations on a great lookin’ PO and a good price!

I had a friend who wanted to give me her Dad’s old motor, so I took a case of beer over for her, but when I saw it was a nice PO, I made her take $50 – plus the case of beer. Note mine had a throttle from, maybe a lawn mower cobbled in place of the tiller – may have been used with a rear-decked boat steering wheel.

These are really fun to run – a real goin’ machine! Took me a few starts to get used to the procedure after you get it started, have to flip the compression release and choke off before it kills, as it’s moving along with no neutral- then get the carb throttle and spark advance where you want it . On my old 14′ aluminum Starcraft that’s rated for 20 HP Max, it’s quite a ride! I bought a short tiller for it. Tried it out the first time with an Oak board bolted to the tiller mount.
    Dave

lloyd

Replies: 453
    Topics: 4

Exceptionally choice looking PO. Be sure to clean out the exhaust relief valve located on the side of the tower.

Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

Wow, that motor was definitely worth waiting ten months for! She’s a thing of beauty!

I sure hope the tank and decal survived the trip. Did you ever figure out what the split ring thingy is around the flywheel nut?

Attachments:

stanley

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 613
    Topics: 114

Great motor.Now let’s talk about the kind of brother willing to drive it clear across the country.

david-bartlett

Replies: 1204
    Topics: 97
    quote cajuncook1:

What a awesome looking specimen!!! Congrats!

Cajun

David,

It looks even better after a quick bath.

Attachments:

david-bartlett

quote Mumbles:

Wow, that motor was definitely worth waiting ten months for! She’s a thing of beauty!

I sure hope the tank and decal survived the trip. Did you ever figure out what the split ring thingy is around the flywheel nut?

Jim,

Tank and decals survived intact. My brother did a great job packing it.

As for the split ring on the flywheel nut it turned out to be some sort of bushing someone just set on there.

Attachments:

david-bartlett

quote Lloyd Lautner:

Exceptionally choice looking PO. Be sure to clean out the exhaust relief valve located on the side of the tower.

Lloyd,

I plan to check it over well. I will look at that. I went through the gearcase today and it is like new in there.

david-bartlett

quote Stanley:

Great motor.Now let’s talk about the kind of brother willing to drive it clear across the country.

Stanley,

You are right! It was a great thing for him to do even if he was coming this way anyway.

bobw

Replies: 2448
    Topics: 56

David,

Great looking motor – looks to be in great shape considering it’s age. Extra nice that your brother drove it cross country for delivery. There is a fully restored PO-15 on display in one of my local seafood restaurants but the guy has it enclosed and locked in a plexiglass case so nobody can get their sticky fingers on it. Tempted to see if the restaurant owner would consider selling it but scared to find out his asking price.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
    1954 Johnson CD-11
    1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
    1958 Johnson QD-19
    1958 Johnson FD-12
    1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
    "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

adam1961

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 366
    Topics: 88

That is a really nice PO. I would trade any restored motor for one in that condition. Truly a great find.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.