Home Forum Ask A Member Tillitson Carburater Diagram

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gemini1
    Participant

Hello, I looking for a Diagram for a Tillitson Carburater Model MD145A. Can anyone suggest where i might find one. It’s on a 1965? (i’ve been told) Chrysler 5 hp outboard. Thank you, Hector

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

This is what I have – An MD was also used on a couple Evinrudes in the late `40s . . .

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

On a side note – if you pry the float bowl off with the high speed needle valve in place, the needle will bend and is VERY hard to straighten.The idle needle valve adjusts the AIR in the idle mix. The amount of fuel used at idle is governed by the bypass tube running down through the center of the Venturi. Some idle needle valves have left handed threads and adjust normally. The others turn in to richen the mixture. This bypass tube is different on each model. It is also easily blocked by fuel residue.

gemini1
          Participant

Thank you Garry-in-Tampa for your response. The diagram will work for me.I think i removed the idle valve before the bowl came off but not certain. I’ll check the valve for damage. If i need an idle valve are the available anywhere. Thank again for your help. Hector

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.