Too Hot To Tinker

Home Forum Ask A Member Too Hot To Tinker

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Mumbles

Replies: 5764
    Topics: 298

We are having a bit of a heat wave here in Victoria and it’s just too hot to do anything. I’m changing the cab mounts in my truck and what should have been a four hour job will be going into its fourth day. A ’59 Fastwin which was given to me last week lies in pieces waiting to be reassembled. Motors hanging from the rafters are oozing gear oil out from the heat and my tomato plants in the greenhouse are withering. We aren’t used to this and today it was 109°F in the shade while the pavement was 148°F. I put a big bowl of water out near the road in case anyone was stupid enough to walk their dog as their paws will get burned on the pavement. Thankfully the basement room I renoed last year is done and it is the coolest room in the house.

DSC00348

DSC00343

Gary Peterson

Canada Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 27
    Topics: 5

That’s crazy hot. Go swimming?

Buccaneer

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 7495
    Topics: 1072

Dang, if it gets any worse you’re going to need a new thermometer that reads higher.
    What’s the official weather phenomena that’s to blame?

Prepare to be boarded!

crosbyman

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 3588
    Topics: 326

nothing is created and nothing is lost ….physics 101… all that vaporized water now called clouds is going to come down and not where and when it is needed … time to invest in dirt bikes instead of boats.

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Mumbles

Dang, if it gets any worse you’re going to need a new thermometer that reads higher.
    What’s the official weather phenomena that’s to blame?

Apparently it’s a big high pressure which has settled in along the whole West Coast causing the heat wave. Records which were broken yesterday were broken again today. ‘Hotter than Vegas has ever been’ some are saying. This is the hottest I’ve ever seen it here in my lifetime and probably wont be the last the way the earths climate is changing. On the bright side, it’s supposed to start cooling down a bit in a few days as the high starts moving Eastward and marine air comes in off the ocean. Better break out the sunscreen as it’s heading your way!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/unprecedented-heat-wave-begins-yielding-in-british-columbia-as-it-shifts-eastward

bwanadon

Replies: 29
    Topics: 7

I thought Detroit was bad. 85-95 degrees with humidity at 75-90%. It’s not quite 80 here right now (8:30PM) but with the 90% humidity it sucks the life out of you. Great Lakes, great humidity. Not 109 degrees F though. That’s hellish.

Mumbles

Well, it did cool down to 97°F today and I could notice the difference. Still not ideal for any serious work but I did get a bit more done on the truck. The clutch package I ordered Thursday from the US arrived today so tomorrow the tranny and transfer case will be coming out. Yee-Haw, I’m looking forwards to that job!

Buccaneer

US Member - 1 Year (includes $3 online payment fee)
    Replies: 7495
    Topics: 1072

Mumbles, if it drops another 15 degrees you’ll probably have to break out
    the long johns and wool socks!

You’re “heat” is to arrive in MN this coming weekend, Thanks a lot, lol

Prepare to be boarded!

Mumbles

Think of it as a gift from us out on the Sweat Coast!

joesnuffy

Replies: 356
    Topics: 23

And I thought it was hot here in St Pete that’s just crazy.

Joe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.