Home Forum Ask A Member Trufuel 50:1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    benryanus
    Participant

Hi there,

Has anyone run Trufuel 50:1 2 cycle fuel in their motor? I’ve got a 1936 Elto Pal and it seems to run great with this pre-mix.

Thanks,
      Ben

Tom
      Participant

US Member

Not only is a 50:1 mix WAY to short on oil for a motor with no rollers or needles, the TruFuel ad I saw only listed oils for air cooled motors. The water cooled Pal would not get hot enough to burn off that oil.

Tom

benryanus
        Participant

Thanks, I didn’t run for long but was short – what’s the best ratio mix for this age engine?

frankr
          Participant

US Member

Originally, Evinrude/Elto said 24:1 (1/3rd pint per gallon) of SAE 40 oil per gallon.

Mumbles
            Participant

Steve here at the Small Engine Saloon has some thoughts about engineered fuel in a can.

https://youtu.be/Wvps2gF0Sdo

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Mumbles.
              billw
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Interesting video. So far, it is one guy’s opinion but he is very convincing. Maybe I believe him because of the Budweiser. (He sounds Canadian but I think we should make him an honorary American, because of the Bud.) The water in fuel and the gritty residue when you run engines dry is almost unbelievably bad in things like snowblowers. I am going to research this some more but in the meantime, he’s sold me. I’m going to go buy some Stihl fuel.

I wonder if you can buy straight engineered fuel and mix it with enough oil to make it, say, 24:1?

Long live American manufacturing!

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by billw.
                crosbyman
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

humm sounds fishy….
                  never had issues with ethanol olefins etc… in over 50 years of my motoring , weed eaters etc..

my only real problem last winter was my snowblower Honda 724 thinking it was a dragon spitting 4-5 inch flames out the side muffler

I added half a can of seafoam to about 2 liters of high octane gas and after 2 runs it forgot about being a dragon the rest of winter was pure Honda snow throwing

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.