Home Forum Ask A Member vacturi carbs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dockbuster1
    Participant

Lifetime Member

any service or operationa information on vacturi carbs for Johnson outboards specifically V45 the service manuals 2nd ed and 4th ed do not cover the carb it is only mentioned in the 2nd ed

Tom
      Participant

US Member

Lincoln,

If the Vacturi carb you have is the common one that was used on the standard models, it’s nearly identical to the one used on the PO except for the housing. The Johnson manual should have info on that one. If not, email me and I can copy it to you.

If you have the fuel lift version with the diaphragm on the port side, I can’t help. That one was used on the electric start motors which had a remote tank, but also appeared on the regular service models.

Tom Manley

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

It is also used on many antique racing outboards in class "C" and class "F" . . . 😕

I would love to see that you have on the PO. The 10th addition of the Johnson Service manual does not cover it. . . 🙂

dockbuster1
          Participant

Lifetime Member

The owners manual covered the adjustment I got that from Ken Cook no picture of the internal workings though . Mine has no float bowl the diaphram operates the inlet like a chainsaw carb and the piston looks like it controls air intake but the carb does have a butterfly also , so I don’t quite see how any gas is pumped , was this used on the standard V45 to save gas ? the Johnson carb doesn’t seem to be a fuel saver ,also the top bleed dumps into the vacturi carb and on the Johnson carb that bleed goes to the bottom of the bottom jug , perhaps a fuel overboard dump . Lincoln

Randy in Tampa
            Participant

sounds like you have a pumper carburetor it was originally used on electric start Johnsons, can you submit a pic if not I’ll post one of my tomorrow 😎

Randy in Tampa
              Participant

sorry best picture I have at the moment thought I had one at home 🙄

Attachments:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.