Home Forum Ask A Member Water Witch

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    kirkp
    Participant

runpet, looks pretty good. Did you get it to run? Also, I’m interested in the spare tiller you said you have. Send me a PM.

Tubs, could you post a picture of the vent? I’m curious to see if it looks like the one on my tank.

Kirk

mas
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I do not mean to hi-jack this thread…But I’m glad to see that Tubs was smart enough to copy the “Pony Coil” conversion info. That original post was lost when our server went down a bunch of years ago. Unfortunately, I never saved a copy. There was more to the thread…did you copy the rest of it??

If so, would you be willing to post a new thread with all the info…or PM me and I’ll repost. Thank you.

BTW…Love the Waterwitches…starting to work on one of my own.

Mas

The Boat House
        Participant

runpet, looks pretty good. Did you get it to run? Also, I’m interested in the spare tiller you said you have. Send me a PM.

Tubs, could you post a picture of the vent? I’m curious to see if it looks like the one on my tank.

Kirk

The Boat House
          Participant

kirkp
            Participant

Thanks Tubs. That certainly doesn’t look like mine. Mine looks like someone took a appropriately sized brass bolt and used a hacksaw to cut a slot in it. How does that one vent?
              Kirk

runpet
              Participant

Thanks Tub. I went back to the museum yesterday. Here are some more photos I took of the 1936 twin. I specifically looked at the vents on all the outboards there and none had the vent I have. But the one I have looks almost the same as the one in the first photo above. The vents on the motors at the museum looked like the vents in the second photo above. What are the chances of my vent and the one above looking so similar?

Kirkp, my vent looks like someone used a hacksaw too. Only a steel bolt. With a spring. Now rusted. Also I sent you numerous pm’s. Did ya get them? If you want my tiller pm me your email address. Either I don’t know what I’m doing(quite possible) or something is screwed up. Once!

mas
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you anyway!

The Boat House
                  Participant

runpet
                    Participant

Tubs, I have what looks like a small copper rod in my tank. Dam if I can get it out. lol

I took a closer look at the museum too and you are right. Most motors are museum quality but incorrect. The 1936 single they have says it is an experimental.

Dick

Ralph Simmons
                      Participant

US Member

I have gotten my water witch to fire up today
                        on rope sleeve only numbers are serial 571.20 no model numbers
                        on the tank mount it has a number MB 538 the year made is 1937 4hp ?
                        I cleaned and reset points
                        same condenser and spark plugs are a champion RF 11YC
                        I will see about two new plugs
                        Any new replacement condenser that I can used ?.
                        Replace the gaskets for exhaust and carb and gear case cover
                        cleaned up water pump
                        lower unit new grease put in used John Deere grease
                        a shot of gas into carburetor / mixer, (how ever you wish to call it )
                        I got a 3 second run . YEA
                        According to Peter Hunns book
                        gas oil mix is 30W oil 3/4 oil to gal gas Correct ?
                        could I go with modern outboard TC-W oil same weight?
                        will try for tank test soon
                        Thanks to any help and replies
                        ralph

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 84 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.