Home Forum Ask A Member Waterwitch Water Pump Question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    david-bartlett
    Participant

I am into the WW Single an have a question about the water pump. I wonder if there was a set screw in the small threaded hole visible in the picture. There was no screw there when i took it off but who knows how many people have been in there before me.

Anyone know for sure?

Attachments:

The Boat House
      Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
        david-bartlett
        Participant

Tubs,

Thanks for being man enough to tell me that I am stupid!

This is what I get for trying to complicate something simple. I was correct at least in thinking that the hole needed a screw. Just too stupid to remember that I took it out! 😳

The Boat House
          Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
            • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
            david-bartlett
            Participant

Tubs,

I thought your reply was perfect. You were correct in that I would have figured it out on my own, but your Homer Simpson cartoon was right on!

Thanks again.

jbyield
              Participant

My screw is also missing, Any one know the thread size and length that works , apparently I am going to have to clean out threads first ,looked like a small screen at first but I guess not

Anonymous

Not wanting to highjack this post but have to say to Tubs that we need to see some pics of his WW.
                  Kirk

david-bartlett
                  Participant
                    quote jbyield:

My screw is also missing, Any one know the thread size and length that works , apparently I am going to have to clean out threads first ,looked like a small screen at first but I guess not

JB,

If no one beats me to it, I will look at mine in the morning and report back.

david-bartlett
                    Participant

Mine has a 10-24 screw about 1" long.

jbyield
                      Participant

As I am up in Canada, my waterwitch has a sticker on it from ohio in 1968 looks like u had to register your outboard in the state, does anybody know if this is true. It still has the original numbers on the sticker and I wondered if it is traceable back to old owner. The motor has a boat number on it ,wondered if in 1968 if it was part of a rental fleet somewhere. Here in Canada u have to resister your boat not motor. Thanks again David for your reply ,very helpful ,may not have noticed it missing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.