Home Forum Ask A Member Weekend outboard

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    garry-in-michigan
    Participant

Lifetime Member

It would need a special stern bracket to run on a canoe, which I don’t see –

cookie1
      Participant

It would need a special stern bracket to run on a canoe, which I don’t see –

I think the bracket is broken or missing , all that remains is a pin which tilts but I have wondered if this is meant to drop in where a rudder would go but have nothing to compare with !

wbeaton
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Very interesting outboard. The European motors don’t seem to get much press. I found the guys on the Saving Old Seagulls web forum helpful when I was searching for information about my 1932 Britannia. They are mostly European.

http://www.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk/phpbb3/viewforum.php?f=17&sid=9de3dc5048fdd59f0f6d7237087df595

Wayne
          Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

cookie1
          Participant

Thanks for that . I am on the sos forum , they’re really helpful and it is a mine of useful information . Unfortunately no-one on there had seen it either ! Someone did suggest I remove the cover and see if there was any makers marks on it . I may have to try that next

kevinrude
            Participant

Thanks for that . I am on the sos forum , they’re really helpful and it is a mine of useful information . Unfortunately no-one on there had seen it either ! Someone did suggest I remove the cover and see if there was any makers marks on it . I may have to try that next

I’ve been looking at your pictures trying to see if anything looks familiar. That ‘bell hop’ recoil starter offset 45 degrees looks familiar, but I can’t place it. JAC products (UK?) outboard perhaps?

ausf233
              Participant

lol, just wasted 5 minutes of my life searching the SOS forums as i recalled seeing one of these Week End Outboards discussed there some time ago.

Didn’t take note of your username and/or realise it was the same outboard ….. until i compared the serial number.

Welcome aboard Cookie.

Regards
                Spiro – SOS Member AusAnzani

cookie1
                Participant

I’ve been looking at your pictures trying to see if anything looks familiar. That ‘bell hop’ recoil starter offset 45 degrees looks familiar, but I can’t place it. JAC products (UK?) outboard perhaps?

Thanks for your interest , do you mean JAP ?

cookie1
                  Participant

lol, just wasted 5 minutes of my life searching the SOS forums as i recalled seeing one of these Week End Outboards discussed there some time ago.

Didn’t take note of your username and/or realise it was the same outboard ….. until i compared the serial number.

Welcome aboard Cookie.

Regards
                    Spiro – SOS Member AusAnzani

Thanks Spiro , it was a while ago I asked on SOS but drew a blank there too . Seems strange how more of these haven’t popped up somewhere , it is a really well built motor

seakaye12
                    Participant

US Member

A common name like “Weekend” makes searching very difficult. Noting that the address is apparently in a retail district of Paris makes me wonder if the Weekend name was a re-brand for a department store of that name back in the day?

The large exhaust cover (there it says Weekend) should be pretty identifiable. I bet someday you will see that feature on another brand motor that will provide further clues to the Weekend’s heritage.

cookie1
                      Participant

Yes , ‘ weekend outboard ‘ just takes up loads of stuff that’s not relevant ! I have considered it could be badge engineered , the search continues 👍

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 35 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.