Home Forum Ask A Member Westralian Old Outboard Chapter Boat Show Display

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ausob-collector
    Participant

Over the weekend just gone, the Westralian Old Outboard Chapter displayed at the 2018 Perth International Boat Show in Western Australia. This is the third year we’ve been invited to exhibit at one of these boat shows. This year we had motors from all around the world ranging from a 1911 Evinrude RBM to an Italian Garelli Jet, a ~1958 Australian Cromac Cadet to an Archimedes AB25 from Sweden and everything in between, including the ubiquitous British Seagull.
      Having a prime location directly opposite the main entrance, we had several hundred people come through the display, with most commenting on how they remembered the Seagulls from their childhood.

For more pictures, please visit our chapter website at http://ausobcollector.wixsite.com/wooc or find us on Facebook at "Westralian Old Outboard Chapter".

Cheers,
      BP

Attachments:

garry-in-michigan
      Participant

Lifetime Member

Nice Website also – – –

lyks2tinkr
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Really great display. You had an Atco and a Clarke Troller too. I like doing the public displays and hearing stories from the people. Have a good day mate.

wbeaton
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Outstanding!

Wayne
            Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

outboardnut
            Participant

US Member
              Buccaneer
              Participant

US Member

I like them all, but that "Suitcase" Viking sure sticks out, lol.

Attachments:

Prepare to be boarded!

rapier
                Participant

Some familiar motors from my part of the world. Vikings always amuse..look like a shipyard worker’s tool / lunchbox. and I have fond memories of my old Atco – it was started up during barbies, to the general assumement of guests and despair of neighbours and would make my Mrs furious with it’s belching smoke and oil trail on the driveway.

Great pics, thanks for sharing this.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.