What are these old motors worth?

Home Forum Ask A Member What are these old motors worth?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• cluelessguy

Replies: 1
    Topics: 1

Hi all, I’m hoping some of you are willing to educate me on what some old outboards may be worth. I’ve attached a couple photos for reference. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

joecb

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 906
    Topics: 92

A lot depends on where they are located and their mechanical condition. Are they stuck? or free?. Most the you have are pretty common around these parts, S-E Michigan. The Jet is unusual and should attract some attention. The Scott Atwater looks to be in nice shape with it’s original stand.

My opinion, value range from $20 parts motors to maybe $100 for the Jet… the rest somewhere in between.

Joe B

PS, where are they located?

crosbyman

Canada Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 3588
    Topics: 326

I never pay more than $100 cdn  (80U$)  for motor that will need 75-100$ in basic refurbish parts ..if available  like coils

points condensers carb kits etc.. gear oil …

but… one may be a long saught model for somebody will to pay more … who knows.

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

cluelessguy

Replies: 1
    Topics: 1

A lot depends on where they are located and their mechanical condition. Are they stuck? or free?. Most the you have are pretty common around these parts, S-E Michigan. The Jet is unusual and should attract some attention. The Scott Atwater looks to be in nice shape with it’s original stand.

My opinion, value range from $20 parts motors to maybe $100 for the Jet… the rest somewhere in between.

Joe B

PS, where are they located?

I’m near Traverse City. I pulled a few randomly which did spin, but I haven’t gone through and checked each one. I sold the group with the Scott Atwater for $225, which seemed okay. Someone told me they thought the Outboard Jet may be worth more than the rest, so trying to suss that out in particular.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by cluelessguy.

joecb

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 906
    Topics: 92

bring them to the “Super Meet” at Constantine MI, July 15, 16.  Big swap and sell, will be some interest in the Jet

Joe B

billw

US Member - 2 Years
    Replies: 2071
    Topics: 66

Yeah, in my book, the jet is worth as much as all the others combined, not that it’s worth a whole ton. $150, absolute tops, for me. Just my opinion.

Not to get off topic, but looking at the jet (one of which I have never had) it seems like the power head is pointing the right way but the jet end is facing backwards. I don’t get it.

Long live American manufacturing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.