Home Forum Ask A Member What have we here–1959 scott atwater 60 hp

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jrm80
    Participant

While waiting for parts, i was looking over my 60 hp Scott when i noticed something in the midsection that didn’t look like it was supposed to be there. after trying to get it out, it became clear that it was not going to come out from the bottom end as it is too big to clear the opening. I was able to move it around enough to get somewhat of an idea of what it was, and as near as I can tell, it has something to do with the silencer assembly. It is a plate about 2″x3″ with a large hole in the middle and half circles cut out on the sides. It was just laying loose in the midsection. according to the parts diagram, it is part of the silencer assembly, but there should be a tube attached or welded onto it. There is no such tube that I can see. I couldn’t turn it enough to see if there are bolt holes on it, but I’m guessing there are. This is a new (to me) engine that I was hoping to fire up without completely disassembling, but I’m thinking that with this spare part in the middle of the engine, it’s going to have to come apart just to deal with this plate. I’m attaching the best photos I could get of this plate and hope that someone can tell me what I am dealing with.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.