Home Forum Ask A Member what isa 10522c 9.9 hp evinrude

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    fleetwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

No need to be confused guys as everything you need to know is on page 56 of your OMC Model Number Reference Guide. Here’s a link to the 1913 – 1979 edition at Marine Engine and if you don’t have a copy, you can download my PDF version of the 1913 – 2005 edition. ☺

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/engine-model-guides/omc-johnson-evinrude-model-number-guide/omc-johnson-evinrude-model-number-guide-00001.html

OMC-Model-Numbers-1913-2005

OMC-Model-Numbers-1913-2005

OK, still confused….According to what I found on marineengine.com, the model number for a 65 9.5hp is: 9522…
      http://www.marineengine.com/parts/engine-model-guides/omc-johnson-evinrude-model-number-guide/omc-johnson-evinrude-model-number-guide-00056.html
      I looked at all of the Evinrude 9.5 model numbers, all started with the number 9, not 10. Needless to say, this is not the official OMC model number guide, but seems correct…
      Perhaps Canadian built engines had slightly different model numbers….
      Where did you find the page saying the model number is: 10522? Your link just leads to the title page of the marineengine model number guide….
      OK, finally found it!! Looked a little farther ahead in that page and found 10522, a 1965 9.5hp…. I wonder why there are two different hp designators for the 9.5, perhaps this is a Canadian built engine….

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by fleetwin.
      crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I have other 9.5 oldies and all have the ex: 9622a style of numbering or the MQ numbering for johnson versions all according to the info on Leroy’S web site

the 65 version likely does not have the vibration kit and the seller will likely hold off on my cheap offer yet… I have never purchased a 9.5 above 60$ CDN

i’ll just wait him out… no panic I have 3 ready to sell.

the boating show is coming so folks will begin dreaming and dumping their oldies

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Mumbles
        Participant

Here’s a link to another downloadable Model Year Reference Guide at Evinrude.com The same information is on page 56.

http://shop.evinrude.com/media/document/ModelNumberReference.pdf

Hey Crosbyman, can you post some more photos of the motor? Maybe some shots with the cover off?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Mumbles.
          crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

couple shots form the site

10522-1

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

second one

10522-2

fleetwin
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Looks like a pretty clean 9.5hp, no obvious signs of exhaust leaks….Who knows, maybe it looks so nice cuz it hasn’t been used, because it has hidden demons….
                Maybe someday we will get to the bottom of the two different model number styles……

Mumbles
                Participant

Just your everyday ’65 9.5 under the hood. Nothing looks out of the ordinary.

frankr
                  Participant

US Member

Yep, ’65 idle stop and no vibration dampers on the sides. Normal.

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.