Home Forum Ask A Member What Johnson is this motor? Any documentation appreciated

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Buccaneer
    Participant

US Member

I believe your carb is very similar to the H & T series Johnson carbs
      talked about here………
      http://pochefamily.org/outboard/CarbService.html

The Johnson 3rd Edition manual covers your carb thoroughly.
      I have it in PDF but my email server won’t let me send that
      big of file……. 99.1 mb’s.

Buc….if you want to send that 99 MB file to someone….I could suggest that you use a free service called WeTransfer.

https://wetransfer.com/

It’s completely free 100% Free to both the sender and recipient and requires no registration or other nuisance….and it works very well. It allows free transfer for files up to 2GB.

I use it so send large image and video files that cannot be sent through e-mail etc.

Chuck

Chuck, I think you mentioned “wetransfer” in the past, but weforgot about it!
      I’ll try it someday if they do not ask for the name of my first born child or
      the name of my bank, lol.

Prepare to be boarded!

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

the H & T series carbs are covered in the 10th edition….in the red book just copy the link info above the picture attached…… to do your web search

select the book stack

select JOHNSON

Select ..the RED book

carb info for h&t begins on page 87

you can print all you need to your PC in “PDF format” instead of the usual printer output ….. then later print off the PDF pages to paper for your maintenance binder 🙂

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by crosbyman.
        seahuntboater
        Participant

thanks crosbyman. That boatinfo.no site is amazing. And Chuck. I will try the wetransfer site sometime.

Thanks. Hope to start soaking and poking on the ’37 motor today.

seahuntboater
          Participant

ohm meter testing this coil. I disconnected all wires from the points and grounds. The coil has 4 solder points. one on each side and two on the top. I see the plug wire so know that is part of secondary

what readings should i be getting? here is a picture . we could use it for orientation. the side solder points are not visible but can be called side left, side right. Other 2 can be top left and plug.

It also isn’t that obvious how this coil come off the armature plate. do you take the one side off and then the coil slides out? Hoping I don’t have to go that far if readings work out.

Thanks

Ralph

coil

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member

Looks like someone has done some alterations to your magneto. Photo shows how
              the coil originally had two metal tabs soldered to the coil, and the plug wire were
              soldered to them.

Mag-plate-file-photo

Prepare to be boarded!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Buccaneer.
              • This reply was modified 4 years ago by Buccaneer.
            Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.