Home Forum Ask A Member What spark plug cross reference for Elgin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    seahuntboater
    Participant

Greetings. Is there a cross reference or does anybody know a champion or NGK, etc. equivalent to an Allstate A4-120 It is form 1954 7.5hp Elgin Model 571.58771 Serial 771.1772.

Thanks
      Ralph

Mumbles
      Participant

From the old Elgin site: ‘Over the years Sears recommended various Allstate, AC and Champion plugs for their motors. All of the 1946 – 1954 motors run well with modern Champion J11C plugs available at auto supply stores. The J11Cs come pre-gapped at 0.035″; this works fine for all the motors. The J11C is a little longer than the older spark plugs, and if your motor has a spark plug cover, care must be taken to make sure the spark does not jump to the cover’.

I’m not sure about that 0.035″ gap as it seems a bit wide to me. Anyway, here’s a link taking you to all the known alternative plugs for the Champion J11C.

https://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/CHAMP_PN/J11C

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Mumbles.
        frankr
        Participant

US Member

My old info says that motor takes a Champion J-11-J.

Mumbles
          Participant

My old info says that motor takes a Champion J-11-J.

Probably from when they mixed 30 W motor oil in with the gas. The C plug would be compatible with todays TCW III oil. Either way, it’s a nice hot plug.

frankr
            Participant

US Member

Agreed, the old -J plugs have been discontinued and replaced with -C.

seahuntboater
              Participant

Thanks guys. I think I have some J11C’s up on the shelves.

Ralph

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.