Home Forum Ask A Member Who Bought It?

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    lakeluvr57
    Participant
      quote sandman:

New member here. Assuming from the details above, you guys are talking about the 1957 Johnson Javelin that was on Ebay recently for a Buy It Now for $900. I bought it! For reals. I had been watching the auction for a few days and decided that $900 was a pretty decent price so I jumped. The motor was in Porter, Texas and I had to have a driver pick it up and deliver it to me. I just got here on Tuesday. The motor is even more beautiful in person! The seller used is as a show motor for his 1957 Yellow Jacket and it won several awards over the years. He sold the boat a while back and the motor has been sitting in his office as a conversation piece for several years. It has never been cranked since he had a full nut and bolt restoration completed. I plan on running the old girl on my 1956 Aristocraft Torpedo.
      I am also restoring ad rebuilding a 1958 Johnson Super Seahorse RDS-20 from the ground up which will also be used on the same boat from time to time. Right now, I am scouring the web looking for wiring harness and junction box for the 57 Javelin. The controls and harness were sold with the seller’s Yellow Jacket so I am having to scrounge around to find the rest of the parts to make the Javelin run again. I just procured all the parts to convert the Javelin to a long shaft set-up.

The images are from the original auction but I plan on taking some shortly.

I have the 1957 Johnson Javelin Junction boxes that you need. I specialize in restoring these and usually supply these as complete assemblies. Includes the Junction box, box to motor cable and box to dash plate cable plus battery cables.
      Please contact me if you are interested.
      mmurphey.pbn@gmail.com..

shoestringmariner
      Participant

that is freakin gorgeous

lakeluvr57
        Participant

Sandman,

Just let me know if you are still looking for Junction Box, Junction Box-to-motor cable, Junction Box-to-dash plate cable. I specialize in the restoration of these OMC Junction Boxes. Specifically, 1957, 1958-61 for the 35hp OMC’s. I also have a handful of 1957 Javelins and may be of assistance if you need some parts.
          mmurphey.pbn@gmail.com.

boxcar
          Participant

I may have need for your assistance.
            I just acquired a 1958 Super Seahorse 35 without the harness ( Both ) or box .
            I’m trying to decide weather to fabricate my own parts or search for OEM.
            You may be just the guy to help me with that decision.

fleetwin
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Gee, that is a beautiful engine. I’m glad someone got it who will appreciate and use it as well.
              I wish I had talent like that…

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.