Home Forum Ask A Member Wizard Race motor ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    oldcollector
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Did Wizard ever produce a two cylinder Mercury 20 ci. motor with a high speed lower unit?

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member

Not that I know of. people have. some wizard motors had some 20H parts in them

chuckw
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

i believe Ron Lietha has a Wizard mounted on a Quicksilver lower. It was not produced by Mercury, just built up by him (or someone else)

georgemartin200
          Participant

US Member

Yes, I built up two Wizard Super 10, 1955-56 WM7 & 7A as racing motors, with fully modified powerheads & quickie lowers. Wizard never made a motor from the factory that I know of with a quickie lower or any mods as that was all done by the owners & yes, they also raced some of them, back in the day. Fun project, I made MANY runs with one of them, that motor now went to the guy that bought the 1953 Sid Craft ‘Bathtub” that I ran it on. I still have the other one which I cloned as a Mercury MK20H & I have never put it on a boat & it is in my collection. Here is two pictures of this unique motor. The covers are from a WN7 Shift Wizard as I needed them to replicate the 20H Mercury & of course the powerhead was modified thru out & the motor is now a “Gas Mod”. I also use the 16-21 gear box & the motor has enough power to swing the gears & a big pitch 3 blade surface prop. The combination is of course faster than a stock Mercury MK20H & much fun to build & run, (the other one), as this was a “Spare” motor which was never needed & is now my “Display” motor.
            Thanks & enjoy.
            Ronald
            Tomahawk, WI.

Mod-Wizard-1956-WM7A

Mod-WM7-Clone

bobw
            Participant

US Member

Beautiful race motor.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
              1954 Johnson CD-11
              1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
              1958 Johnson QD-19
              1958 Johnson FD-12
              1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
              "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

oldcollector
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Very nice build their. I purchased one that looks like yours,well not as nice as yours. The one I have has the one to one gears. Do you happen know a supplier of the silver green paint by any chance. Thanks for any info.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.