Home Forum Ask A Member wizard WN7 12 hp.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sbrown21
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Does anyone have the manual for the lower unit of the power matic 12 ? I have had this outboard for a couple of years and started working on it this week. Long story short I cleaned the points got spark put in the tank and it started and ran it for a minute. The motor was not pumping water and the shifter seem to be stuck in forward gear. Does anyone know the part number for the impeller? I also need a diagram for the lower unit , and I did drain and replace the grease in the same.

Thanx

Steve B

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member

Mark 20-25-30 are the same. merc auto tranny motors are the same except for the keyway it is square

sbrown21
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Dave  It looks like i will have to take three bolts out to drop the lower unit. what I don’t know is the shift linkage on the wizard do i have to u8nbolt it on the lower leg or will it come apart without unbolting the nut on the shifter shaft ?

Thanx

Steve Brown

dave-bernard
          Participant

US Member

It will just drop down after the 3 nuts are off.

chuckw
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Leave it in forward.

sbrown21
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks dave-bernard and Chuckw I’m waiting on an impeller , then adventure starts. I tilted the motor up it didn’t have a tilt pin and it went in to all the gears witch made things a whole lot better.

Jorzo211
                Participant

US Member

I have the same motor. Very easy to work on. Idk if you have or not but I would check the fuel lump diaphragm. I replace the impeller. Started it and thought I was leaking from the gearcase but it was the fuel dumping out.

MARK-7, KF-7, KE4-A, MARK 15, WN7A, (60)MERC 200

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.