Home Forum Ask A Member 1940 KA 10

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cron78
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I think I just committed to spending $30 for a 95% complete but locked up 1940 KA-10; serial #359510; model # _ _ 10, too hard to read in the dark. Having found some photos on the interweb, it looks like all that might be missing are the rubber hand grip and the spark plug cover on the back. It is quite dirty and I can’t clean it up tonight. I’m thinking that $30 isn’t too much even if it never runs again. Might look good enough just cleaned up and sitting in a corner.

I’ll try to post a couple pics if I can figure out how to.

How common are these motors and what can anyone tell me about them?

Thanks,

mike-stroz
      Participant

I’d definitely pick it up. Even if it will never run, if it looks good it’s a good deal. If you can free it up, they’re really smooth and quiet motors. I love my KA-38

squierka39
        Participant

US Member

You can’t go wrong for $30.The KA-10 is 1940 9.8 hp. It’s a great motor and hopefully you can free it up and run it. The rubber grip is available as a repro. The rear spark plug cover is also available as a repro but an original is not hard to find either.

Mumbles
          Participant

If you get her running, they like an 8:1 fuel/oil mix.

Attachments:

mike-stroz
            Participant

If you do end up getting it, Marvel Mystery Oil has worked wonders for me getting motors freed up. Or acetone/tranny fluid works too

cron78
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks, all. The teenager and I will plan to take it and free it up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.