Home Forum Ask A Member 1946-1948 Zephyr 4404 carburetor blow up diagram for rebuild

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    topgun6272
    Participant

So I have a it appears to be but maybe someone can tell me more about my outboard. I just picked up for $40 hope
      I got a good deal a 1946-1948 zephyr 4404-00663 5.4hp outboard motor has the manual wrap around pull start. And it only stays running with choke On it dies when choke is in someone said something might be in the high inlet jet below the fuel bowl anyone have and idea? And maybe have a carburetor blow up diagram so I can rebuild it? Also does this motor Only support old school wrap around rope pull starter or can it take a spring loaded wind pull start reason I ask is because I noticed 3 bolt holes won top cover like something attaches there?

2fast4me
      Participant

Welcome to the club. You are missing a recoil starter. Are three pawls on top of the fly wheel? If not you will need those also. Parts are available. I have a parts zephyr but I’m not sure if the recoil is there. Please stand by more help will be coming soon. Jim

2Fast4Me

topgun6272
        Participant

3 prawls? It has hooks where I put the rope on and wrap on top of tankwthere are 2 screw holes

topgun6272
          Participant

I would like to get a spring type
            Pull starter if anyone has one tell me how much I live in Vancouver wa

seakaye12
            Participant

US Member

Hello….
              Someone will most likely post a parts manual for your motor which will include the carburetor.

Until then….have a look at this novel approach Evinrude took to educating their dealers and mechanics…..

Good luck with your motor; look for the attached PDF.

frankr
              Participant

US Member

Top of the flywheel (with pawls) should look like this. Exploded view by Garry.

BTW, the center nut doubles as a flywheel puller. Just unscrew it and it will pop the flywheel off.

topgun6272
                Participant

Yes it has the 3 prowls do you know where I can get a complete simplex starter recoil. I have $50 in this motor it runs with choke on I’m thinking something is stuck in the jets I plan to rebuild carburetor . Do you think I got a good deal and is it worth restoring it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.