Home Forum Ask A Member 1948 Sportwin Woes

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jasonh
    Participant

Ahhh, Im taking pretty much full credit here, no "kinda" nonsense. 🙄 😀 The bottom line is spring was not doing its job to open shutters. I could tell from video.

Yes, how you describe is correct. When throttle is at WOT the follower should be pushed forward by spring against inside of cam which would open shutters. There was a service bulletin teliling dealers to look for warped shutters or anything that would obstruct this movement.

jasonh
      Participant

The stem of air bleed shutter #60 is pinched between the air bleed tension spring #40 and air bleed screw #39

This is for fine tuning the air bleed. More drastic adjustment is in linkage tie rod end.

marvk
        Participant

Yeah, you get full credit, 😆

Do you know where I start with the screw on the air bleed shutter? It’s not like a normal idle screw, "Seat gently and back out 1 1/2 turns." 🙂

bob
          Participant

Four turns out from lightly seated on air bleed screw #39

marvk
            Participant

I just thought I’d give an update on this project. Jason hit it spot on. It was the tension spring on the air shutter that was weak. I didn’t have another, so I cut it shorter and re-bent it to fit. Runs way better now. I gave it back to the owner telling him it could still use a little more work. He wanted to do it himself, we’ll see. 😉 At least the old girl is running once again. 🙂 Here’s a link to the last YouTube video I did.

http://youtu.be/-1wJcmc7Q-0

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.