Home Forum Ask A Member 1954Johnson Outboard Motor Model CD-11 Rare Model

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Buccaneer
    Participant

US Member

What makes this one "RARE?"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954Johnson-Out … ij&vxp=mtr

Prepare to be boarded!

johng
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Must be "RARE" because of the owner who has it. Looks like it over heated at least once-exhaust plate is burnt. Probably the only one with that serial number. LOL

frankr
        Participant

US Member

Price is obscene, but the burnt paint is not. That paint burned off within the first five minutes it was run after taking it out of the box when new. That is the exhaust manifold and is not water cooled. There is fire on the other side of that thin aluminum plate.

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

I see the serial number is marked over so it cannot be read.. Does that mean it may have been stolen ? . . . 😕

rjoynt
            Participant

US Member

You are probably right that it was stolen. The seller has only sold one item on fleabag.

aquasonic
              Participant

US Member

The only thing "rare" about that motor is the asking price. For $1800.00, shouldn’t the buyer get the proper hose clamps instead of zip ties? He does have a super low shipping price though. 🙂

billw
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

It is only rare because the SELLER has probably never seen one. I recently had trouble selling a running one of those for fifty bucks.

Long live American manufacturing!

1946zephyr
                  Participant

Very nice motor, but definitely not "rare" Those old CD’s are still very common. They do look nice restored though.

Bill, you must be in my neighborhood. Outboard pricees in my area are too competitive to make a buck anymore. Seems like mine isn’t going real fast at a llow price, either. LOL

dougs-outboards
                    Participant

Zephyr, is that your RD I see on CL Portland? Seems like it should go at that price. I guess most people are not into the "vintage" outboards.

I love the CD11’s, I have a great one that is 95% original beautiful paint, and I have done a ‘full meal deal’ to, so everything is up to date and runs beautifully.

1946zephyr
                      Participant

I did have an RD on there for $100, but it sold rather qickly. I priced ALL of my motors to move quickly, but they were still sluggish on selling. These days, it’s a buyer’s market only, when it comes to cars and outboards. I just recently bought a Mercedes for $400 and got it fired up, before I spent anything on it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.