Home Forum Ask A Member 1955 Evinrude 25hp Big Twin No Start

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    gameroomfan
    Participant

Do I need to become a member to be authorized for direct photo posting? I’ve been meaning to sign up anyway.

I dont get the "Options/Attachments" banner when composing a post.

gameroomfan
      Participant

Just joined. Assuming that was the issue, will post pics when transaction goes through.

Again, thanks for pointing out.

alex

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

I have no idea. As a long time member I have never had the opportunity to post a picture as a non-member . . . 😆

gameroomfan
          Participant

As a long time member, perhaps you could point me to a link on directly posting photos as attachments?

outboardnut
            Participant

US Member
              garry-in-michigan
              Participant

Lifetime Member

Old Outboarder asked;

quote :

perhaps you could point me to a link on directly posting photos as attachments?

OK – I will show you what I do to post a picture from my computer . . .
                At the bottom of the page is the Quick reply box –

frankr
                Participant

US Member

I use the drag and drop method, as described above. If I dare assume you are running Windows. have two windows open, one with the forum and the other with your folder listing the pictures stored on your computer. Then simply drag a picture from the list to the message box. Finally scroll down and click on the "place picture in the text" (or whatever the heck it says there).

2fast4me
                  Participant

Been thinkin, if the coil heels are dragging on the magnets the mag plate will be pulled to a more retarded poisition.

I think I’d correct the dragging and retry. I hope my theory is correct here. Jim

2Fast4Me

gameroomfan
                    Participant

I think it is. The problem was weird. The ring coil alignment tool was not fitting properly over the machined mageneto plate bosses. I didnt realize the ring was cocked, and thus giving me improper coil alignment. I filed down the boss faces, and got the ring to fit properly, which in turn gave me proper alignment. So now, the flywheel and mag plate are rotating separately. So, youre right, I was getting unintended timing changes when attempting start.

Once I get the vacuum cut out switch wire routing figured out, (the wire was hindering mag plate rotation) I will attempt start again and report back.

gameroomfan
                      Participant

Attachments:

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 31 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.