Home Forum Ask A Member 1955 Mark 55

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    dave-bernard
    Participant

US Member

Those #### are on the money.

3davet
      Participant

Travis24 indicated a 50-1 fuel oil ratio. I’m pretty sure it should be more like 20 or 24 to 1. I’d hate to see a classic like that get burnt up!

dave-bernard
        Participant

US Member

24-1 before the 50-1 oils came out. after that Mercury recommended the 50-1 I like to add a little more about 40-1 works fine for me. been using that since 1964.on there race motors only double the mix.

chinewalker
          Participant

US Member

I don’t think that’s a crack at the seam. More likely a casting flaw. I wouldn’t worry about it unless you start seeing seepage around the area.

wyo307
            Participant

Thanks for the info guys! I don’t know if I am actually going to keep this motor or not, a fellow member here wants to trade for it. I don’t really have a use for it but snagged it at a good price to keep it in a home that appreciates it. I think it would be a little bit of overkill to put on my old Larson Commodore anyways. I think that the block "may" be ok but only time would tell. If he passes on it or we can’t come to a deal we both feel good about, I will get it running and see whats what. I still need to get my KE-4 back together before I could really dig into this one more anyways.

outbdnut2
              Participant

US Member

I think it would go well on a Commodore14 if you are driving from a front deck and not from the tiller, and like speed and running a bit close to the edge. Don’t let just anyone drive it!….and get some earplugs! I run 35 HP on a Commander12.
                Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.