Home Forum Ask A Member 1956 Scott 7.5 impellers.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    oltimer
    Participant

Leon, just send me a pm on this, as I remember years back your favor on the stainless keepers. I do have the impeller in stock for you, but shipping from Canada is costly.

1946zephyr
      Participant

I will actually need two of them 🙂

frankr
        Participant

US Member
          quote 1946Zephyr:

Well, unfortunately, it looks like our friend doesn’t make those anymore. Looks like Mumbles suggestion is the best option.

?????Doesn’t make any impellers any more or just that particular one?

jnjvan
          Participant

US Member

I’m pretty sure Brian is still making impellers, but not that particular Scott bail impeller. He told me a couple of years ago that he was having too many troubles with them (no surprise there, Scott had troubles, too).

I just corresponded with Brian on a Wizard impeller a couple of weeks ago. He is still in the biz.

JV

1946zephyr
            Participant
              quote jnjvan:

I’m pretty sure Brian is still making impellers, but not that particular Scott bail impeller. He told me a couple of years ago that he was having too many troubles with them (no surprise there, Scott had troubles, too).

I just corresponded with Brian on a Wizard impeller a couple of weeks ago. He is still in the biz.

JV

Well, of course Scott had trouble with them too. You wouldn’t design an outboard motor with the impellers ABOVE the water, now would you? Especially when it’s a fact that dry impellers will roast out in five seconds LOL
              Sott owners should spray a blast of WD-40 in the Bail-O-Matic nipple, to prevent that and help water pull up to the pumps.
              If Brian Wilcox chooses to not help me, thats cool too.

1946zephyr
              Participant

Well, I installed a couple of the Honda impellers in my old Scott and they appear to be working fine. Thanks to Mumbles for the idea.

Attachments:

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.